Membership Agreement Updates
Last updated on August 4, 2014.
Whenever our Membership Agreement is modified we will notify you that changes have been made by updating the month, day, and year currently displayed on this membership agreement statement. We will also attempt to contact you via email, but this is not guaranteed. This link is located at within our New Member Application.
Member agrees on behalf of self (whether individual or company) and all of its’ employees, agents, guests, or invitees (hereinafter “Licensee” or “it”) by entering into a Space License agreement with Impact Hub Salt Lake LLC (hereinafter “Impact Hub Salt Lake” or “Licensor”) agree to abide by the following terms and conditions.
Licensee will NOT:
- Maintain or store any inventory of goods upon the premises of Impact Hub Salt Lake (the “Premises”), unless written approval is obtained by Impact Hub Salt Lake.
- Use the Premises for any illegal purpose.
- Tamper with, borrow, or remove property kept in another member’s area without their express permission.
- Cause or permit any hazardous substance to be used, stored, generated, released or disposed of on or in the Premises. “Hazardous” shall be determined in sole discretion of Impact Hub Salt Lake.
- Act in a manner that, in Impact Hub Salt Lake’s sole discretion, does or is likely to adversely affect the peaceful operation and enjoyment of the Premises or the building in which the Premises are located, including without limitation, creating any disturbance to occupants (or their employees, licenses, agents, guests or contractors) of the Premises or the building in which the Premises are located.
Licensee understands and agrees that:
- All publicly expressed policies, which are subject to change at the discretion of Impact Hub Salt Lake, must be followed by Licensee and its guests.
- Membership benefits, perks, and rates are subject to change at any time, at the sole discretion of Impact Hub Salt Lake. Impact Hub Salt Lake will attempt to provide sufficient notice to current members prior to these changes. To obtain a complete outline of membership benefits, perks, and rates, Licensee should speak with an Impact Hub Salt Lake host.
- Impact Hub Salt Lake is a space of inclusivity and respect and will not tolerate discrimination of any kind by Licensee or their guests toward other members or their organizations and projects.
- This Membership Agreement does not constitute a lease, but is rather a license between Impact Hub Salt Lake and the Licensee for monthly licensing of a given space and common area. Impact Hub Salt Lake may terminate this Membership Agreement at any time and for any reason, provided that membership dues already paid by Licensee at the time of such termination with respect to any portion of the membership period occurring after the date of such termination will be refunded to Licensee. Impact Hub Salt Lake is not obligated to renew this Membership Agreement.
- Any card and key(s) which Licensee may be provided are exclusively for Licensee’s use and will not be shared with anyone else without Impact Hub Salt Lake’s express written permission. Licensee understands and agrees that a $20 payment will be required to cover each card and/or key given and that each such card and/or key will remain the property of Impact Hub Salt Lake.
- Licensee is responsible for ensuring that all guests it invites into the space comply with the policies outlined in this document.
- Licensee must maintain any private area and all common areas in a neat, clean and in a sanitary condition. The common areas may be restricted from general access from time to time for events or other activities.
- Any signs, symbols, or pictures that Licensee wishes to place in the windows or doors of the Premises, or upon any interior part of the Premises or the building in which the premises are located, shall be subject to the approval of Impact Hub Salt Lake.
- Neither Impact Hub Salt Lake nor its respective officers, directors, managers, members, shareholders or agents shall be liable for, and Licensee agrees to defend and hold Impact Hub Salt Lake and its officers, directors, managers, members, shareholders and agents harmless from, any claim, action and/or judgment for damages to property or injury to persons suffered or alleged to be suffered on the Premises by any person, firm or corporation. Licensee shall indemnify, defend and hold Impact Hub Salt Lake and its officers, directors, managers, members, shareholders or agents harmless from and against all loss, cost and expense, including attorneys fees, arising from any act, omissions of negligence of Licensee or its officers, directors, managers, members, shareholders, contractors, licensees, agents, servants, employees, guests, invitees or visitors in or about the Premises or the building in which the Premises are located. The foregoing provisions shall not be construed to make Licensee responsible for loss, damage, liability or expense resulting from injuries to third parties caused solely by the gross negligence or intentional misconduct of Impact Hub Salt Lake or its officers, contractors, agents or employees.
By signing up for an Impact Hub Membership, Licensee is indicating consent to all of the above terms and conditions for the length of said Membership. The Member/Licensee specifically consents that these conditions may be changed from time to time and hereby consents to the most recent version displayed on the hubsaltlake.com website.